Tadoussac Main Street - Rue Principale

Then and Now - Hier et Aujourd'hui

Tadoussac Main Street - Rue Principale   1900-1910

From a Rhodes family album dated 1901, could be earlier. Note the doors on 'Cid's' are in different places from later photos. 'Cote's' to the right is very different!

D'un album de famille de Rhodes daté de 1901, pourrait être plus tôt. Notez que les portes sur 'Cid's' sont des endroits différents des photos suivantes. "Cote" à droite est très différent!

CLOSE-UP

From the same 1901 album, 'Cid's' and 'Cote's' look the same. The building west of Cid's has 3 roof lines and is quite large! and a bridge over the gully, 2 kids? on the street, and an interesting building with a gallery on the roof!

The 'Manoir Tadoussac' has no tower on the roof.

Du même album de 1901, 'Cid' et 'Cote' se ressemblent. Le bâtiment à l'ouest de Cid a 3 lignes de toit et est assez grand! et un pont sur le ravin, 2 enfants? dans la rue, et un bâtiment intéressant avec une galerie sur le toit!

Le Manoir Tadoussac n'a pas de tour sur le toit.

CLOSE-UP

Compare these 2 photos! Many new buildings, including BEHIND Cid's. There was probably more land where the gully is now, and they fell into the gully. That's my theory.   Circa 1905

Comparez ces 2 photos! Beaucoup de nouveaux bâtiments, y compris derrière Cid. Il y avait probablement plus de terres où le ravin est maintenant, et ils sont tombés dans le ravin. C'est ma théorie. Circa 1905

COTE'S

Galouinne

Manoir

Tadoussac

NEW Building

Under Construction

NEW, see below

NEW

CID'S

NEW Building

MERCI

McCord Museum!

A postcard dates the next photo as 1905, the building in the foreground is different from 1901. The sign reads J.?.MAHER.

The 'Manor Tadoussac' has a new tower and more dormers in the roof.

Une carte postale date la prochaine photo en 1905, le bâtiment au premier plan est différent de 1901. Le panneau indique J. ?.MAHER.

Le 'Manoir Tadoussac' a une nouvelle tour et plus de lucarnes sur le toit.

Circa 1915, big building is gone, trees are bigger  

Vers 1915, le grand bâtiment est disparu, les arbres sont plus grands

Above      

Cid's store in the 1960's - can you help with names??

 

Back row on the right, ?, Beth Dewart, Maggie Reilley, Michael Reilley, ?, Marie Cid (who ran the store with her brother Joe and sister Joséphine)

 

Magasin de Cid dans les années 1960 - peut vous aider avec des noms?

Below 

Joe, Joséphine, Marie Cid

Coosie Price and his granddaughter Elise Mundell

Herve Desrosiers

1976 Cid'sInterior9.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior8.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior2.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior1.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior6.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior7.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior4.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior3.jpg
1976 Cid'sInterior5.jpg

La famille Cid, M et Mme avaient 6 enfants: 1 garçon Joseph, et 5 filles; Geneviève qui est devenue Soeur Marie-du-St-Esprit, Alexandra devenue Soeur Alarie du bon-Pasteur décédée en 1978 à Québec, Joséphine, Marie et Antoinette. Antoinette est allée étudier à New York pour devenir infirmière, elle a épousé David-Joseph Barr de Baltimore en 1954. Les deux soeurs qui sont restées avec Joseph à Tadoussac sont donc Joséphine et Marie. Mme Cid mère, s'appelait Marie-Hallisse Cid, elle est décédée le 26 juillet 1945, trois ans avant monsieur Pierre Cid.

The Cid family, M and Mme had 6 children: 1 boy Joseph, and 5 girls; Geneviève who became Sister Marie-du-St-Esprit, Alexandra became Sister Alarie du bon-Pasteur who died in 1978 in Quebec, Joséphine, Marie and Antoinette. Antoinette went to study in New York to become a nurse, she married David-Joseph Barr from Baltimore in 1954. The two sisters who stayed with Joseph in Tadoussac are therefore Joséphine and Marie. Mrs. Cid mother, was called Marie-Hallisse Cid, she died on July 26, 1945, three years before Mr. Pierre Cid.

CidPierreObit.png

about 1930's

In the late 1930's, Lewis Evans (Dad) was too close to the rocks when a ship went by, and he was swept onto the rocks. Luckily the Noroua landed in this pool, missing the rocks, and he was trapped there until the tide fell and rose again. Photo on the left by Camille Pacreau.

 

Dans la fin des années 1930, Lewis Evans (papa) était trop près des rochers quand un bateau passait, et il a été emporté sur les rochers. Heureusement, le Noroua atterri dans cette piscine, manquant les rochers, et il y est resté coincé jusqu'à ce que la marée est tombé et a de nouveau augmenté. Photo sur la gauche par Camille Pacreau.

 

Circa 1880, the first Hotel Tadoussac and Dufferin House are built but no church, several houses on the beach

 

Vers 1880, le premier Hôtel Tadoussac et Maison Dufferin sont construits, mais pas l'église, plusieurs maisons sur la plage

1940's - New hotel, large church, houses on the beach but not the same ones!

 

Nouvel hôtel, grande église, des maisons sur la plage, mais pas les mêmes!

1940's

 

circa 1901